The Mooring Fish Cafe
The Mooring Fish Cafe Review
Two seafood-loving ladies have taken over a disused shipping container, applied some palm thatching to the roof, added tables shaded by blue umbrellas, and positioned it right in front of the gorgeous lagoon. Such is the Mooring Fish Cafe at the Avana Fishing Club on Avana Harbour, near the Muri lagoon and beach. Regulars flock here for the FOB (fresh off the boat) crumbed mahi mahi sandwich and the wonderful fruit smoothies and coconut drinks. There's a variety of other delicious fish sandwiches, made with locally baked Turkish bread and accompanied by homemade mayo and salad, including the "Tijuana Tuna," which has a kicky Cajun sauce. Also on the menu is ika mata, a raw fish salad specific to the Cook Islands.
- Address: Off Main Road, Avana, near Muri, Rarotonga
- Phone: 682/25553
- Location: Rarotonga
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sat. No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last week of this trip report
has coverage of the Cook Islands- Aitutaki, Read more
Spent the last week of Dec in Rarotonga. Read more
Going back to Rarotonga and want to experience game fishing. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more