Getting Here & Around
Rarotonga and Aitutaki are the main islands. The international airport is in the northwest corner of Rarotonga, a 10-minute drive from the main town, Avarua. The lovely Muri lagoon and beach are on the eastern shore. With a round-island road of just 32 km (20 miles), nothing is too far away. Aitutaki is north of Rarotonga and reached via a 50-minute plane ride.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe