- Get Away From it All Rarotonga, The Cook Islands' principal landmass, is a cool 700 miles southeast of Tahiti, its nearest neighbor.
- Be Supportive, Economically Tourism is the main industry on these teeny tiny islands, providing nearly 70 percent of the country's GDP.
- Take Home a Truly Unique Souvenir If you have a driver's license elsewhere, you can get one on the Cook Islands for just NZ$20.
- Explore the Undersea Get your PADI certification or forgo it for snorkeling in the crystal clear blue waters.
- Gorge Yourself on Fruit Produce is seasonal, and when it rains, it pours; avocados, mangoes, passion fruit, guava, and oranges are all sweet, plentiful, and cheap.
ENTER TO WIN $1,000
Tell us where you want to weekend this summerMore