Nightlife & the Arts in Perth
Details on cultural events in Perth are published in Weekend West Australian andThe Sunday Times. A free weekly, X-Press Magazine, lists music, concerts, movies, entertainment reviews, and who's playing at pubs, clubs, and hotels. SCOOP magazine (www.scooptraveller.com.au), published quarterly, is an excellent guide to the essential Western Australian lifestyle.
Perth’s inner city has gone through a significant revitalization; it’s now a hotbed of classy small bars that buzz until midnight and later. Twenty- and thirtysomethings also flock to Northbridge, Leederville, Mount Lawley, Subiaco, or Fremantle. Pubs generally close by midnight, which is when the crowds start arriving at the nightclubs; these tend to stay open until around 5 am.
Browse Perth Nightlife
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's