Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
Stones of the Yarra Valley
Stones of the Yarra Valley Review
Housed in an old weather-beaten barn that has been beautifully restored, Stones of the Yarra Valley is set amid 50 acres of cabernet vines and is surrounded by century-old oak trees, with views of the Yarra Ranges. This is a great place to have lunch, or just have a coffee or a wine at the casual Mezze Wine Bar. The weekend-only lunch menu might include lamb rump with sunchoke puree and baby vegetables, or filet of blue eye cod with butternut pumpkin and gnocchi (both A$32). Evening performances by well-known Australian artists, who have included jazz maestro James Morrison, take place throughout the year, and are excellent value at between A$100 to A$120 for a three-course meal (wine extra) and show. Sunday concerts featuring up-and-coming jazz and classical performers (A$15–A$30) are staged in the lovely hand-hewn stone chapel on the site on selected dates.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's