Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
Innocent Bystander Review
Despite the lofty modern steel and glass interior, this spacious contemporary restaurant in the town of Healesville has a warm, welcoming feel, and serves excellent food. It also hosts a winery's cellar door, along with a gourmet food shop and bakery. Star of the menu is the pizza selection—try the Puttanesca pizza with Spanish white anchovies, capers, black olives, dill and buffalo mozzarella (A$23), and wash it down with an in-house wine or a beer from the White Rabbit brewery next door. In the "not pizza" category are such gems as duck confit with honey roasted pear, endive, and walnut salad (A$25). Don't overlook the house-made bread, it's spectacularly good. From Monday to Friday the restaurant is open from 10 am to 10 pm; on weekends it's open 8 am to 10 pm and serves breakfast in addition to the usual menu.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's