Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
Healesville Sanctuary Review
Come face-to-face with wedge-tailed eagles, grumpy wombats, nimble sugar gliders, and shy platypuses at Healesville Sanctuary, a lovely, leafy wildlife sanctuary housing native wildlife. Don't miss the twice-daily Spirits of the Sky show, during which raptors and parrots fly close overhead; and the daily Tales from Platypus Creek session, which features Australia's most unusual critter. You can pat a dingo or feed an emu on a Magic Moments experience (A$12 extra), and for A$195 you can join a platypus in the water via the Wade with the Platypus option. Another recently added highlight is the Land of Parrots aviary, wherein visitors can feed and interact with colourful birds. You can also book a behind-the-scenes tour of the animal hospital, where you may see wildlife recovering from injury or illness. Take a break and refuel at the Sanctuary Harvest cafe, which serves delicious snacks and meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's