Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
Yering Station Review
Victoria's first vineyard still has plenty of rustic charm, and it's a delightful place to eat, drink, and stay. An 1859 redbrick building is home to the cellar door, a wine-and-produce store, and the casual upstairs Matt's Bar ($$), where you can relax all day sipping wine and dining from a tasty menu beneath an arched timber ceiling. The property's architectural and gastronomical pièce de résistance is the winery building, which houses the Wine Bar Restaurant ($$$). It's a sweeping, hand-hewn stone building with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking spectacular valley scenery. Those who would prefer just to wander and sip wines at the cellar door are free to take the self-guided winery tour through the sculpture gardens. A farmers' market takes place on the third Sunday of the month.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's