Rochford Wines Review
Rochford Wines occupies a striking-looking property; a building crafted almost entirely of glass overlooks the vineyards and rolling green paddocks. The family-owned winery produces renowned Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, and has in recent years become the most happening place in the Yarra Valley—its huge amphitheater plays host to international and local performers during the annual Day on the Green concert series (recent acts have included Leonard Cohen and Nora Jones); in summer it screens movies under the stars. The wine-tasting bar is open daily 10–5. A stylish restaurant (offering two courses for A$55 and three courses for $A65 per person) and a casual café are both open seven days a week for lunch; the café also serves all-day light meals.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe