Domaine Chandon Review
Domaine Chandon has one of the most spectacular settings in the Yarra Valley; its Greenpoint tasting bar has enormous floor-to-ceiling windows providing fantastic views over the vineyards and to the Yarra Ranges in the distance. Apart from sparkling wines—including Australia's only Pinot Noir-Shiraz blend—the winery produces Shiraz, Pinot Noir, Chardonnary, Sauvignon Blanc and Rosé. Free guided tours, conducted daily at 11, 1, and 3, take visitors through the step-by-step production of sparkling wine, beginning among the vines and ending in the bottling area. Seasonal platters, tapas, and sharing plates (A$15–A$27) are served daily from 11 am in the Greenpoint brasserie, and each dish has a recommended accompanying wine (from A$9.50 a glass). Selections include flathead tacos with house-made tortilla washed down with Chandon Vintage Brut, and quail marinated in verjuice (made by pressing unripe grapes), accompanied by a salad of roquette, grapes, pecorino cheese, and a glass of Pinot Noir.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe