Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
Domaine Chandon Review
This vineyard has one of the most spectacular settings in the Yarra Valley; its Greenpoint tasting bar has enormous floor-to-ceiling windows providing fantastic views over the vineyards and the Yarra Ranges. Apart from sparkling wines—including Australia's only Pinot Noir-Shiraz blend—the winery produces Shiraz, Pinot Noir, Chardonnary, Sauvignon Blanc and Rosé. Free guided tours, conducted daily at 11, 1, and 3, take visitors through the step-by-step production of sparkling wine, beginning among the vines and ending in the bottling area. Seasonal platters, tapas, and sharing plates (A$17–A$27) are served daily from 11 am in the Greenpoint brasserie, and each dish has a recommended accompanying wine (from A$10.50 a glass). Selections include a ground lamb brioche slider washed down with Chandon Sparkling Pinot Noir Shiraz, or a duck leg, fennel and mushroom pie, perhaps with a buttermilk-infused cos and herb salad, and a glass of 2010 Chardonnay.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's