Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
At a Glance
- all of this beauty comes at a high price
Check Rates from our Partners
Boroka Downs Review
On 300 acres of bush, scrub, and grassland, bordering the Grampians National Park, Boroka's six villas are nothing short of spectacular. The one-couple residences have soaring ceilings, roof-to-floor windows—which frame the bush-clad ridges of the Grampians—fireplaces, and enormous in-room hot tubs. The secluded two-bedroom bungalow has a log heater and an open-air deck spa. You can wake, in your king-size bed with pure cotton sheets, to the sound of kookaburras laughing, and sunset finds groups of kangaroos, emus, and wallabies grazing in the paddocks that skirt the villas. The resort aims at positive environmental practices, including solar and wind energy, tree planting and recycling. There's a three-night minimum stay in high season (long weekends, Christmas–New Year's Day) and a four-night minimum at Easter. Midweek bookings for a single night are possible, however, the standard package is for two nights with the option of a 6 pm checkout or a third night free.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's