Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
Seppelt Great Western Winery
Seppelt Great Western Winery Review
This old winery is also one of Australia's most famous, the name Great Western being associated with a long-lived sparkling wine. The winery makes the Salinger and Fleur de Lys ranges as well as a Sparkling Shiraz and various table wines. Beneath the winery is an underground labyrinth of tunnels, known as the Drives, dating back to 1868 and originally built by goldminers. This is where the best sparkling wines are kept. You can take a day tour of these tunnels and the nearby shaft house and taste 20 Seppelt wines, or enjoy a barbecue and evening tour. Packages to tour and dine in the Drives, including cheese platters, two or three courses, and wine tastings, are also available from A$120 per person.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's