Hiking and Walking in The Grampians
Hiking and Walking
Auswalk. This long-established walking tour specialist operates guided and self-guided five-night inn-to-inn hikes. Luggage is transported between accommodation stops, a mix of B&Bs and motels. Maps and other information are provided for self-guided walkers, and only two participants are needed for a tour to take place. The terrain is graded "moderate" for 55% of the walk, with about 25% rated strenuous. Wildlife, particularly kangaroos and wallabies, is abundant in many areas transited, and wildflowers festoon the park from August to November. Trips usually run year-round, with the exception of July. Self-guided walks start at A$1,495 per person, and guided walks from A$2,795. 03/5356–4971. www.auswalk.com.au.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's