Canoeing in The Grampians
Absolute Outdoors. If you want to experience the Grampians wilderness from its serene lakes, a half- or full-day canoeing trip is the answer. This company has outings on Lake Bellfield, a little to the southeast of the township. They also offer rock climbing, abseiling, and mountain bike adventures within the park. They operate from a shop that sells outdoor equipment in Halls Gap, and have another shop/office in Portland on the Great Ocean Road. Shop 4, Stony Creek Stores, Halls Gap, VIC, 3381. 03/5356-4556. www.absoluteoutdoors.com.au. canoeing tours A$60 half day; from A$100 full day (depending on numbers).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe