Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
Meals at this low-lighted local institution taste like they're from your grandmother's kitchen. It's open for breakfast and lunch daily and dinner (more expensive) on Friday, with specials like rolled and roasted pork belly with an orange, fennel and parsley salad, or slippery jack and pine mushroom bruschetta with goats cheese, chorizo, and aged balsamic. The zucchini and corn fritters with bacon, roasted tomatoes, and tomato jam are a great way to start the day. This was a popular record shop back in the 1970s, and decades later you can still buy blues, jazz, and interesting contemporary music CDs here.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's