Meals at this low-lighted local institution taste like they're from your grandmother's kitchen. It's open for breakfast and lunch daily and dinner (more expensive) on Friday, with specials like rolled and roasted pork belly with an orange, fennel and parsley salad, or slippery jack and pine mushroom bruschetta with goats cheese, chorizo, and aged balsamic. The zucchini and corn fritters with bacon, roasted tomatoes, and tomato jam are a great way to start the day. This was a popular record shop back in the 1970s, and after 35 years co-owner Greg Wood is still selling his blues, jazz, and interesting contemporary music CDs here.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe