Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
Whirrakee Restaurant Review
One of Bendigo's most decorative old buildings is the perfect setting for this restaurant's fine French-accented food, starched white tablecloths and exemplary, yet friendly, service. The menu reflects the best of local produce, and you might start with ravioli of Crystal Bay prawns with leeks, peas and a sorrel emulsion; the gorgonzola souffle; or the spiced kangaroo salad. For the main course, try the butternut pumpkin fondant served with a pearl barley fritter, goats curd, pickled walnuts and a grain mustard dressing or the free range chicken breast with preserved lemon, cauliflower, almonds, and tarragon. Make sure you leave room for the passionfruit parfait or a chocolate treat. The wine list showcases local wineries.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's