One of Bendigo's most decorative old buildings is the perfect setting for this restaurant's fine French-accented food, starched white tablecloths and exemplary, yet friendly, service. The menu reflects the best of local produce, and you might start with ravioli of organic pumpkin served with whipped goats curd, roasted pinenuts, and a currant and balsamic vinegar dressing, or the seared Coffin Bay scallops with marinated potato and yabbie salad, creme fraiche dressing and baby sorrel. The Berkshire pork rib cutlet with potato fondant, braised cabbage, crackling and sauce charcuterie is a highlight of the entrées. But leave room for navel orange mousse with blood orange sorbet or an indulgence in chocolate. The wine list showcases local wineries.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe