Bendigo Pottery Review
Australia's oldest working pottery turns out the distinctive brown-and-cream style that many Australians have in their kitchens. Founded in 1858, the historic workshop offers demonstrations. You can even get your hands dirty creating your own clay piece during a wheel-throwing lesson (bookings essential during school holidays); there's also a clay play area for small children. Impressive beehive brick kilns, which you can step inside, are star exhibits in the museum. It's 6½ km (4 mi) northeast of Bendigo on the way to Echuca.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe