Bendigo Pottery Review
Australia's oldest working pottery turns out the distinctive brown-and-cream style that many Australians have in their kitchens. Founded in 1858, the historic workshop offers demonstrations. You can even get your hands dirty creating your own clay piece during a wheel-throwing lesson (bookings essential during school holidays); there's also a clay play area for small children. Impressive beehive brick kilns, which you can step inside, are star exhibits in the museum. It's 6½ km (4 mi) northeast of Bendigo on the way to Echuca.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1099* -- Australia/NZ Flights w/Fiji Stop From West Coast Air Pacific
- $3679 & up -- Australia: Outback Adventure w/Tours & Air Qantas Vacations
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $1299* -- Auckland or Sydney R/T Air from LA w/2 Nts in Fiji — $1,299 PacificIslands.com
- Papua New Guinea & the Sepik River — $9,995 IExplore