Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
At a Glance
- renowned food
- tranquil garden setting
- two-night minimum stay at weekends
Check Rates from our Partners
Lake House Review
Featuring one of Victoria's best restaurants, this rambling lakeside hotel adds a distinct glamor to spa country. The restaurant's seasonal menu ($$$), which promotes the region's bountiful produce, lists such delicacies as smoked Skipton eel in pancetta, with shallot confit, beetroot remoulade and mustard creme fraiche, and spiced roast duck with pomegranate, citrus pickled eggplant, and grains. The restaurant offers two (or more) course lunches (from A$76) and dinners (from A$80). Choose the elegant dining room or the deck overlooking the beautiful lake.
The accommodation, set in 6 acres of gardens, comprise standard rooms in the original homestead, plush waterfront rooms and suites, all of which have balconies, and the fully inclusive and luxurious two-villa Retreat.
A day spa offers some treatments specifically for men and expectant mothers, as well as those for couples, along with the more-traditional pampering. A soak in one of the hot tubs housed in its own little cedar "tree house" with views across the lagoon (A$95) is a heavenly treat not to be missed.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's