Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
With crackling open fires in winter and a covered deck for summer grazing, this buzzy cottage café-cum-providore is the perfect place for a heartwarming casual lunch or afternoon tea. Savory offerings might include penne pasta tossed wth prawns, red peppers and spinach; or beef and vegetable pie with a side salad. And while the Dandenongs have a long tradition of Devonshire teas, this café is proudly scone-free; temptation here comes in the shape of mouthwatering cakes, all made with free-range eggs. You can also buy relishes, cheeses, and fresh Yarra Valley pasta to cook yourself—the smoked trout and goat cheese ravioli is delicious.
- Address: 376 Mount Dandenong Tourist Rd., Sassafras, VIC 3787
- Phone: 03/9755–2100
- Location: The Dandenong Ranges
- Reservations not accepted.
- No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's