Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
National Rhododendron Gardens
National Rhododendron Gardens Review
The expansive gardens contain thousands of rhododendrons, azaleas and camellias; in spring they put on a spectacular show of white, mauve, yellow and pink blooms. Several kilometers of walking trails lead to vistas over the Yarra Valley, and the small Garden Explorer bus also provides transportation around the property in the springtime peak from mid-September to early November. The gardens are a short stroll from Olinda village. For a perfect afternoon, combine your visit with tea and scones in one of the little cafés around town.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's