Wild Oak Restaurant and Bar
Wild Oak Restaurant and Bar Review
A great way to warm up on the often crisp days and cool nights in the Dandenongs is with a bowl of New England–style clam chowder and house-baked sourdough bread at this popular restaurant in Lower Olinda village. A hearty winter dish is the pan-seared kangaroo fillet with native spice dukkah, parsnip tartlet, and roasted fig jus. Chef and owner Ben Higgs also conducts hands-on cooking classes with different themes for groups (minimum four people). Jazz performers play on the last Friday night of every month.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe