Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
Vue Grand Hotel
At a Glance
- grand experience
- wonderful dining room
- not on the seaside
Check Rates from our Partners
Vue Grand Hotel Review
Built in 1881, this stylish hotel blends old world elegance with modern touches in its recently restored grand premises. The ultra-lavish Turret Suite at the top of the building has 180-degree views of the bay and all the latest amenitites. It is the pièce de résistance of the hotel's rooms and suites, which are all nicely equipped, and comes with a matching price tag (A$495 per night with breakfast). The hotel's main lobby is a grand affair with marble columns, elegant staircase, and art deco statues. The Grand Dining Room makes you wish you had dressed in Great Gatsby-style elegance before entering. It has soaring ceilings, antiques, and a grand piano, and tables are set with sparkling stemware and crisp linens. Dinner ($$) may feature Portarlington Angassi oysters or local snapper with spanner crab. For casual dining, head to the hotel's Vue Street Bar ($) on the terrace, serving pizza and sliders and beer on tap.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's