Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
At a Glance
- grandly charming, good location, excellent on-site restaurants
- limited room facilities
Check Rates from our Partners
Queenscliff Hotel Review
If you're after period charm rather than sleek modernity, this gloriously restored 19th-century beauty is for you, with its soaring, pressed-metal ceilings, stained-glass windows, and antique furnishings. The hotel's suites and opulent downstairs sitting rooms graced with open fires and enormous armchairs are lovely, instantly transporting you to a more genteel era. Fine dining ($$$) is offered in the beautiful formal restaurant, open on Friday and Saturday nights, where chef John Schirmer creates international modern cuisine. Less grand fare is served in the Boat Bar, or the outdoor courtyard with an ornate fountain. The hotel's location—across from a park and with views to the ocean—is enviable. There are excellent packages in winter months.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's