Day trips from Melbourne are run by local tour operators, including Gray Line. Tours of the Phillip Island Penguin Parade cost A$145 (penguins and koalas only) to A$186 (with an island tour and lunch). Wildlife Coast Cruises runs two-hour cruises from Cowes Jetty to the Nobbies and Seal Rocks, spending 20-30 minutes viewing the seal colony. Cruises run year-round except August to mid-September with varying frequency depending on the season. The company also runs half-day cruises to French Island October to March.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe