Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
Cape Woolamai Surf Beach
Cape Woolamai Surf Beach Review
Phillip Island's only surf lifesaving club is based on this long, exposed stretch of prime surfing beach. The 4.2-km (2.6-mile) beach can be hazardous, with strong undertows, so it's a spot for experienced surfers and swimmers only. All beachgoers are encouraged to swim between the safety flags that mark the patrolled area. Check with the club (03/5956–7311) for patrol times. The Woolamai Beach Road runs off Phillip Island Road and is 14 km (9 miles) from Cowes. The nearest accommodation is generally cottage-style, with several places closer to the main road but none on the beach. Black Dolphin has a luxury penthouse and a cottage on the Cape, on Corona Road. Amenities: food and drink, lifeguards, parking (free), showers, restrooms. Best for: surfing, swimming.
- Address: Woolamai Beach Rd., Cape Woolamai, Phillip Island, VIC 3925
- Location: Phillip Island
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's