Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
Nobbies Centre Review
Phillip Island's marine wildlife attraction is just 3 km (1 mi) from the Penguin Parade, perched on the very edge of Point Grant on the island's far west end. It's an ultramodern interpretative center set up with high-tech interactive cameras that can zoom in on the nearby colony of seals. The center's rotating exhibitions and displays showcase the island's diverse plant and animal life. Another fascinating interactive display is the virtual fish tank that features computer animations of the surrounding marine environment. When visitors touch the screen, an information bubble pops up explaining which creatures live there. Outside the center are a series of wooden boardwalks that wind around the rocky headland to the nearby blowhole, offering fantastic views of Nobbies headland and Seal Rocks beyond it.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's