Hiking in Phillip Island
Walking Tracks on Phillip Island. Cape Woolamai at the eastern tip of Phillip Island is a reminder of the island's volcanic past. Walking tracks and viewing platforms link areas such as the Pinnacles, Cape Woolami Light (a lighthouse), and the old granite quarry. Churchill Island has several good walking tracks, and there are great views from the boardwalks around the Nobbies. For information on around a dozen good walking trails, visit the Phillip Island Visitor Information Centre at Newhaven, the small town you encounter as you come across the bridge from the mainland.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe