Hiking in Phillip Island
Walking Tracks on Phillip Island. Cape Woolamai at the eastern tip of Phillip Island is a reminder of the island's volcanic past. Walking tracks and viewing platforms link areas such as the Pinnacles, Cape Woolami Light (a lighthouse), and the old granite quarry. Churchill Island has several good walking tracks, and there are great views from the boardwalks around the Nobbies. For information on around a dozen good walking trails, visit the Phillip Island Visitor Information Centre at Newhaven, the small town you encounter as you come across the bridge from the mainland.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1331* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $3099 & up -- Australia & New Zealand 4-City, 12-Night Trip Qantas Vacations
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $2099 & up -- 8-Night New Zealand & Australia Escape w/Tours — $2,099 Qantas Vacations