Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
At a Glance
- fabulous sense of history
- lots of birdlife
- lovely scenery
- limited facilities
Check Rates from our Partners
PS Emmylou Review
Departing from Echuca around sunset, this paddle steamer chugs downriver, fueled by redgum logs, taking passengers on one-, two-, or three-night cruises. The only wood-fired paddle steamer in the world offering regular overnight trips, it can accommodate 18 passengers in rooms with twin bunks. There's one cabin with a double bed; all have shared bathrooms. Sunrise over the river, as the boat churns past mist-cloaked gum trees and laughing kookaburras, is a truly memorable experience. A one-night trip is A$300 per person with dinner and breakfast; two- and three-night cruises with all meals (A$595pp and A$875pp).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's