Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
Pfeiffer Wines Review
Since its first vines were planted in 1895, this winery has made exceptional fortified wines and varietal wines, including Chardonnay. It also has one of the few Australian plantings of Gamay, the classic French grape used to make Beaujolais. At this small rustic winery you can pre-order (with at least 24 hours notice) spring/summer picnic baskets stuffed with crusty bread, smoked trout, marinated lamb fillets, chicken breast slices, kipfler potato salad, cheese, cake, and a bottle of table wine; or autumn/winter hampers with treats such as soup, curry, and other tasty items for A$80 for two including plates and cutlery. Vegetarian baskets for two are A$80, and children's are A$12.50 per child. Cheese platters are available any time. Winemaker Jen Pfeiffer makes an aperitif called Pfeiffer Seriously Pink, along with a Chardonnay Marsanne, Shiraz, Merlot, and fortifieds such as Muscat, Muscadelle, and Topaque.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's