Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
R.L. Buller & Son
R.L. Buller & Son Review
Established by Reginald Langdon Buller in 1921, this winery in Rutherglen produces delicious fortified wines and gutsy, full-bodied reds, the flagship being its Shiraz. As the old Shiraz vines are not irrigated, the annual yields are low, but the fruit produced has intense flavor, which winemaker Andrew Buller crafts into wines of great depth and elegance. There are also small plantings of rarer varieties such as Mondeuse. There are tastings and sales at the cellar door, but no restaurant. Also on the winery's grounds is Buller Bird Park, an aviary of native Australian birds. Group guided tours of both the winery and the bird park are possible by appointment.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's