The cute town of Yackandandah, 23 km (14 mi) northeast of Beechworth, shot to fame after the release of the lighthearted comedy Strange Bedfellows, starring Paul Hogan. The town's historic buildings (including the two pubs, the post office, and the bank) were used as settings, and many of the town's 700 residents were movie extras. The Crocodile Dundee star is a local hero.
- Location: Beechworth
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe