Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
Chambers Rosewood Winery
Chambers Rosewood Winery Review
Established in the 1850s, this is one of Australia's heavyweight producers of fortified wines. Stephen Chambers's muscats are legendary, with blending stocks that go back more than a century. Stephen runs a very relaxed winery, which is genuinely rustic, being just a few corrugated iron sheds in an off-the-beaten-track road. The cellar door is renowned for offering great value and plenty of tastings; you can take home reasonably priced red and white wine, sherriy, port, muscat, and tokay—from the cleanskin variety (no-label stock) to big two-liter flagons. There's no restaurant, just a cellar door, which also sells homemade jams and condiments.
- Address: Barkley St. off Corowa Rd., Rutherglen, VIC 3687
- Phone: 02/6032–8641
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Mon.–Sat. 9–5, Sun. 10–5
- Location: Rutherglen
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's