Murray River Houseboats. A popular pursuit on the Murray is to rent a houseboat and drift slowly down the river, and this operator's vessels are five-star floating experiences with jacuzzis, state-of-the-art kitchens, and the latest appliances. They can sleep from two to 12 people and can be rented from three days to a week and longer. There are six boats for rent. Prices start from A$1,490 for three nights in the peak late-December/January period, for 2 to 6 people. Riverboat Dock, Echuca, VIC, 3564. 03/5480–2343. www.murrayriverhouseboats.com.au.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's