Murray River Houseboats. It seems that everyone who visits the Murray hires a houseboat and drifts slowly down the river. Today's houseboat is a five-star floating experience with Jacuzzis, state-of-the-art kitchen, and the latest appliances. They can sleep from two to 12 people and can be hired from three days to a week and longer. This operator has six boats for hire. Prices start from A$1,450 for three nights in the peak late-December/January period for 2 to 6 people. Riverboat Dock, Echuca, Echuca, VIC, 3564. 03/5480-2343. www.murrayriverhouseboats.com.au..
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe