The Alpine National Park really has two seasons—winter (from June to September) and the rest of the year. In winter the main activities are skiing, snowboarding, and tobogganing at Falls Creek, Mt. Buller, Mt. Hotham, and Dinner Plain. In spring, summer, and autumn these areas are perfect for bushwalking, cycling, horseback riding, and kayaking. The visitor centers and Parks Victoria have walking and cycling trail maps.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's