Amour of the Grape. Set winery tours for groups of two to six passengers and personal tours for those who want to devise their own itinerary are this company's specialty. The day's outing includes tastings at four or five preselected cellar doors, and a gourmet lunch and a glass of wine at a boutique winery café. Passengers coming from Melbourne will be picked up and delivered back to the Frankston railway station. Box 529, Mt. Martha, VIC, 3934. 03/5974-3286. www.amourofthegrape.com.au. A$142.50 per person Mornington Peninsula pick-up; central Melbourne pick-up A$165 per person (for 4 to 6 people).
Wine Tours Victoria. This Melbourne-based company operates private tours of two to ten people using minivans. They visit four to five wineries that may include Box Stallion, Willow Creek, and Red Hill Estate. Lunch with wine and coffee are also on the menu. 9 The Willows, Gisborne, VIC, 3437. 03/5428-8500 or 1300/946386. www.winetours.com.au. A$150.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1331* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $3099 & up -- Australia & New Zealand 4-City, 12-Night Trip Qantas Vacations
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $2099 & up -- 8-Night New Zealand & Australia Escape w/Tours — $2,099 Qantas Vacations