Amour of the Grape. Set winery tours for groups of two to six passengers and personal tours for those who want to devise their own itinerary are this company's specialty. The day's outing includes tastings at four or five preselected cellar doors, and a gourmet lunch and a glass of wine at a boutique winery café. Passengers coming from Melbourne will be picked up and delivered back to the Frankston railway station. Box 529, Mt. Martha, VIC, 3934. 03/5974–3286. www.amourofthegrape.com.au. A$142.50 per person Mornington Peninsula pick-up; central Melbourne pick-up A$165 per person (for 4 to 6 people).
Wine Tours Victoria. This Melbourne-based company operates private tours of two to ten people using minivans. They visit four to five wineries that may include Box Stallion, Willow Creek, and Red Hill Estate. Lunch with wine and coffee are also on the menu. 9 The Willows, Gisborne, VIC, 3437. 03/5428-8500 or 1300/946386. www.winetours.com.au. A$150.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe