Set aside at least a day for a drive down the peninsula, planning time for lunch and wine tasting, an afternoon clifftop walk along the bluffs, or even a game of golf at Cape Schanck, one of 30 golf courses in the region. In summer pack a swimsuit and sunscreen for impromptu ocean dips as you make your way around the peninsula's string of attractive beaches. Be careful when driving along the tree-lined roads of the peninsula hinterland (the interior areas where most of the wineries are located). The wineries are tucked away and often hard to see, so slow down, as you may have to make a sudden turn into a driveway.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1373* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip Down Under Answers
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip — $1,999 Air New Zealand Vacations