Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
At a Glance
- great location
- impressive views from some rooms
- limited facilities
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Sorrento Review
Built in 1871, this historic hotel offers attractive rooms that features exposed limestone, funky interiors, and water views. The heritage rooms are the best, with huge windows framing views over Port Phillip Bay. Some have balconies and others have whirlpool baths. Every room and apartment has a flat-screen TV with cable movies. Adjoining newer buildings house park-view rooms and apartments. The Limeburners Bar is a popular Sorrento meeting place, and the restaurant ($$) serves delicious, well-priced meals, such as crispy skinned barramundi, white vegetable mash, and blistered cherry tomato and macadamia crush.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's