Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
Salix at Willow Creek
Salix at Willow Creek Review
Seasonal color changes along the vines make the Willow Creek Vineyard view through the restaurant's floor-to-ceiling windows spectacular year-round. This is one of the two dining options at this popular winery; the more casual Salix Bistro is off the stylish downstairs cellar door. The restaurant, owned by Bernard McCarthy, makes much of the property's own produce. Try the confit duck with Toulouse sausage, cavalo nero, and garlic crumble (A$36); the gnocchi crab with Coral Sea spanner crab and stinging nettle (A$32); or the small plate of house sugar-cured and smoked ocean trout (A$20). A star dessert is the Peninsula honey and amaretto cheesecake, with local figs, and honeycomb (A$17). The bistro, open noon–5 daily, provides a more casual ambience with the Salix Restaurant menu. The Willow Creek Vineyard opened in 1988 and concentrates on producing excellent Chardonnary and Pinot Noir from vines that have been tended by the same viticulturist since they were planted. In more recent times the owners have planted small quantities of Pinot Gris and Sauvignon Blanc.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's