Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
Crittenden Estate Review
One of the region's most picturesque wineries with a lovely lakeside setting, Crittenden Estate produces Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigio, and some Spanish styles. The flagship Crittenden Estate Pinot Noir and Chardonnay are made from vines that are among the oldest on the peninsula. The cellar door is open for tastings daily, and winery tours can be arranged by appointment. The cellar door also contains a produce store selling olives, olive oil, dukkah, and other food that goes well with wine. The tasting room is wonderfully warm in winter, and while you sip you can admire the artworks that adorn the walls. The restaurant, Stillwater at Crittenden ($$$), is lovely year-round, and when the weather is fine diners sit out on a terrace under shady umbrellas while enjoying views over the lake. It is open daily for lunch and weekends for dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's