Crittenden Estate Review
Crittenden Estate is one of the area's most picturesque wineries, with a lovely lakeside setting. Run by Garry Crittenden and his son Rollo, it produces Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigio, and recently some Spanish styles under the new Los Hermanos label. The flagship Crittenden Estate Pinot Noir and Chardonnay are made from vines that are among the oldest on the peninsula. The cellar door is open for tastings daily; it doubles as a small area produce store selling olives, olive oil, dakka, and other morsels perfect to have while sipping wine. The tasting room is wonderfully warm in winter, and while you sip away you can admire the artworks that adorn the walls. The restaurant, Stillwater at Crittenden, is lovely year-round, and when the weather is fine diners sit out on a terrace under shady umbrellas while enjoying views over the lake. The braised pork belly with seared scallops is one of chef Zac Poulier's best dishes. It is open daily for lunch and weekends for dinner.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe