Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
Stonier Winery Review
Established in 1978, Stonier Winery is considered a pre-eminent Mornington Peninsula producer of wines, which are made from the region's oldest vines. The establishment specialises in Chardonnay and Pinot Noir (produced from vines first planted in 1978 and 1982, respectively) and also produces a sparkling—the Stonier Pinot Noir Chardonnay. Although there's no restaurant, platters of local Red Hill cheeses accompany the daily tastings, and if time permits, visitors may be invited on an informal tour of the fermentation and barrel rooms. Several events take place during the year, such as the Pie and Pinot day in July (part of the regional Winter Wine Weekend), and a dedicated Sparkling day in December.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's