T'Gallant Winemakers Review
T'Gallant Winemakers celebrates 15 years in business, and its Italian-theme winery and restaurant continue to grow in popularity. Winemaker Kevin McCarthy planted the first Pinto Grigio vines on the peninsula. If you're a stylist as well as an oenophile, you'll also admire the beautiful label artwork. He also produces Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Muscat à Petits Grains. La Baracca Trattoria and the alfresco Spuntino Bar are always buzzing (just close your eyes and think of Italy)—the food is exceptional, with dishes made from local ingredients, including from the house herb garden. Tuck into a crisp-based pizza or grilled sausages in the bar or try the trattoria's chicken braised with Pinot Gris, or gnocchi with slow braised "sticky" duck. The cellar door and restaurant/bar are open seven days a week, there's live music every weekend at lunchtime and occasional cabaret nights. You can also sign up for the year-round Tre Gusti Cooking Classes.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe