- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Melbourne Visitor Centre at Federation Square provides touring details in six languages. Large-screen videos and touch screens add to the experience, and permanent displays follow the city's history. Daily newspapers are available, and there's access to the Melbourne Web site (www.visitmelbourne.com). The center is open daily 9-6. The Best of Victoria Booking Service here can help if you're looking for accommodations. It also has cheap Internet access.
City Ambassadors—usually mature men and women easily spotted by their red uniforms—are volunteers for the City of Melbourne, and rove the central retail area providing directions and information for people needing their assistance (Monday–Saturday 10–4, Sunday noon–3).
A free bus route map is available from the Melbourne Visitor Centre.
Best of Victoria Booking Service (03/9928–0000 or 1300/780045.)
City of Melbourne Ambassadors Program (03/9658–9658.)
Melbourne Visitor Centre (Federation Sq., Flinders and Swanston Sts., City Center, Melbourne, VIC, 3000. 03/9658–9658. www.melbourne.vic.gov.au or www.thatsmelbourne.com.au.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's