Sights & Attractions in Melbourne
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Arts Centre
Melbourne's most important cultural landmark is the venue for...
|Arts / Performance Venues||City Center|
Athenaeum Theatre and Library
The first talking picture show in Australia was screened in 1896...
Once the on-leave residence of the Pacific navigator Captain...
|Memorials / Monuments||City Center|
Eureka Skydeck 88
Named after the goldfields uprising of 1854, the Eureka Tower...
Old Melbourne Gaol Crime and Justice Experience
This bluestone building, the city's first jail, is now a museum...
|Museums / Galleries, Jails||City Center|
Dating from 1856, this august stone building was used as the...
|Government Buildings||City Center|
State Library of Victoria
On a rise behind lawns and heroic statuary, this handsome 1853...
Young and Jackson's Hotel
Pubs are not generally known for their artwork, but climb the...
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's