Shopping in Melbourne
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Melbourne has firmly established itself as the nation's fashion capital. Australian designer labels are available on High Street in Armadale, on Toorak Road and Chapel Street in South Yarra, and on Bridge Road in Richmond. High-quality vintage clothing abounds on Greville Street in Prahran. Discount hunters will love the huge DFO (Discount Factory Outlet) right next door to Southern Cross Station on Spencer Street, with its many stores. Most shops are open Monday-Thursday 9-5:30, Friday until 9, and Saturday until 5. Major city stores are open Sunday until 5.
Browse Melbourne Shopping
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's