- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
At a Glance
- super comfortable rooms
- gallery feel
- great location
- the modern shapes and neutral hues might not appeal to some
Check Rates from our Partners
The Prince Review
Cutting-edge design, contemporary artworks and sculptural furniture, and spare yet inviting luxury make this boutique hotel perfect for aficionados of unfussy elegance. The "floating" bluestone reception desk is an artistic exclamation mark. Every room has a slightly different plan, determined by the 1937 "seaside" hotel building; the timber cupboards, tables, and beds were made specifically for each space. Some rooms have views of Port Phillip Bay and some look toward the city; all have high-end sound systems and opening windows that let in lots of light. There's a long list of indulgences on the menu at the in-house Aurora Spa Retreat, and the restaurant Circa the Prince ($$$) is one of Melbourne's best eateries.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
After spending 2 - 3 weeks in Australia in October, we have one extra week before we fly home to Canada. Read more