- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There is a hum of bees around a honey pot at this Andalusian bar and restaurant. A chalkboard on the exposed brick wall lists eight dry and six sweet sherries to start (or finish), and there are Spanish and Portuguese wines to accompany your selection of tapas and raciones(larger shared plates). Seated at a table or on a stool at the bar, you could begin with rabbit empanadilla (pastry pockets) and melt-in-your-mouth black pudding topped with a fried quail egg, and follow with vine-leaf wrapped sardines with pistachio and orange blossom sauce. But leave room for dessert; the churros (Spanish donuts) and chocolate are sinful, while the Pedro Ximenez and muscatel ice cream could make an Atheist believe in a culinary god.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1099* -- Australia/NZ Flights w/Fiji Stop From West Coast Air Pacific
- $1279* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T — $1,279 Air New Zealand
My other half and I recently spent a lovely four day weekend in Margaret River, thanks to the rare occurrence of a rotating Friday off and a Monday public holiday.
For those wanting the wordless version, Read more
This was our fifth trip to Australia to teach songwriting workshops. Read more
My wife and I are at the preliminary planning stages of a trip to New Zealand. Read more