- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
I Love Pho 264
I Love Pho 264 Review
Tucking into a steaming bowl of pho (traditional noodle soup) at this Victoria Street restaurant is like channeling the backstreets of Hanoi and Saigon. While they also serve crunchy, deep-fried spring rolls and flavour-packed ricepaper rolls, the mainstay of the menu (a blackboard on the wall) is various combinations of bò (beef) and gà (chicken) with noodles in aromatic stock. Each order comes with a piled plate of Vietnamese mint, bean shoots and lemon wedges, and there are bottles of chilli paste and fish sauce on every mock-marble plastic table. This restaurant is crowded with Vietnamese and other pho lovers on weekends so you often have to queue on the footpath, but turnover is fast so its never long before you are seated and eating some of Melbourne's best—and cheapest—food.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1099* -- Australia/NZ Flights w/Fiji Stop From West Coast Air Pacific
- $1428* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T — $1,428 Air New Zealand
My other half and I recently spent a lovely four day weekend in Margaret River, thanks to the rare occurrence of a rotating Friday off and a Monday public holiday.
For those wanting the wordless version, Read more
This was our fifth trip to Australia to teach songwriting workshops. Read more
My wife and I are at the preliminary planning stages of a trip to New Zealand. Read more