- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
The Arts Centre
The Arts Centre Review
Melbourne's most important cultural landmark is the venue for performances by the Australian Ballet, Opera Australia, Melbourne Theatre Company and Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. It encompasses Hamer Hall, the Arts Complex, the original National Gallery of Victoria, and the outdoor Sidney Myer Music Bowl. 45 minute tours of the Gallery and State Theatre begin from the Smorgan Family Plaza at 11 am daily except Fri. and Sun. On Tue. and Thurs., Hamer Hall tours are available at 5:30 pm. On Sunday a 90-minute backstage tour (no children under 12) begins at 11 am. At night, look for the center's spire, which creates a magical spectacle with brilliant fiber-optic cables.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Ok, quick review. Read more
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Hi, I am planning a trip to Australia end of May for about 12 days. Read more