- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Como Melbourne
At a Glance
- lavishly appointed rooms, great shopping, restaurants nearby
- outside the city center
Check Rates from our Partners
The Como Melbourne Review
With its opulence and funky modern furnishings, this luxury hotel is as popular with business travelers as it is with visiting artists and musicians. Gray marble and chrome are prominent throughout the pop art–meets–Art Deco interior. All the suites, which are decorated with sweeps of pistaccio and dark chocolate or deep-ocean blue and plum, have king-size beds and bathrobes; several even have Jacuzzis and fully equipped kitchenettes. Several of the third-floor suites open onto to private Japanese gardens. Outstanding services (including courtesy limousine rides into the city each morning) and a swank clientele make this one of the best picks on the city's fringe. Good restaurants are only a short walk away. While high-season tariffs are high, there are some great package deals at other times.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
It's been a very long term and it's really cold at home so we decided to seek out a few days of warmth to recharge our batteries. Read more
I've just reserved a limo for four of us in January from the airport to the Four Seasons. Read more