- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
The Como Melbourne
At a Glance
- lavishly appointed rooms
- great shopping and restaurants nearby
- outside the city center
Check Rates from our Partners
The Como Melbourne Review
With its opulent and funky modern furnishings, this luxury hotel is as popular with business travelers as it is with visiting artists and musicians. Gray marble and chrome are prominent throughout the pop art–meets–Art Deco interior. A multi-million dollar renovation was completed in late 2012 and transformed the suites, which now have modern wall murals, as well as new linens, bold lighting, and modern furniture. Spacious suites feature new, high gloss kitchens. Several of the third-floor suites open onto to private Japanese gardens. Outstanding services (including courtesy limousine rides into the city each morning) and a swank clientele make this one of the best picks on the city's fringe.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
After spending 2 - 3 weeks in Australia in October, we have one extra week before we fly home to Canada. Read more