- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Hotel Windsor
At a Glance
- elegant heritage feel, central location
- heritage rooms are fittingly Old World in decor
- a complete refurbishment is scheduled to begin 2013, during which they will not close, they will cater to the same market with a heritage feel
Check Rates from our Partners
The Hotel Windsor Review
Built in 1883, this aristocrat of Melbourne hotels combines Victorian-era character with modern comforts, and is a must for history lovers. Plush rooms have Laura Ashley–style wall coverings and rosewood furnishings, although the marble bathrooms are modest in size. Standard rooms are a reasonable size; if you need space, book one of the vast Victorian suites or a two-room executive suite. The 111 Spring Street Restaurant serves Continental-style dishes in a formal setting. The hotel commands a position opposite Parliament House, close to theaters, parks, and fine shops.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
It's been a very long term and it's really cold at home so we decided to seek out a few days of warmth to recharge our batteries. Read more
I've just reserved a limo for four of us in January from the airport to the Four Seasons. Read more