- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
The Hotel Windsor
At a Glance
- elegant heritage feel
- central location
- heritage rooms are fittingly Old World in decor
Check Rates from our Partners
The Hotel Windsor Review
Built in 1883, this aristocrat of Melbourne hotels combines Victorian-era character with modern comforts, and is a must for history lovers. Plush rooms have rosewood furnishings, although the marble bathrooms are modest in size. Standard rooms are a reasonable size; if you need space, book one of the vast Victorian suites or a two-room executive suite. The 111 Spring Street Restaurant serves Continental-style dishes in a formal setting. The hotel commands a position opposite Parliament House, close to theaters, parks, and fine shops.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
After spending 2 - 3 weeks in Australia in October, we have one extra week before we fly home to Canada. Read more